Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Saving $$ by Cutting my Boys' Hair!!!


I wish I would have kept track of how many haircuts I have given my boys through the years!!  I would have been able to figure out just how much money I have saved by doing so!!!!  Oh well!

I didn't start cutting their hair from the beginning, but was inspired to do so because my cousin had been successfully cutting her boys' hair for a long time.

My boys liked having "buzz cuts" anyway....what could be so hard about it????

With my cousin's encouragement and advice, I bought a pair of clippers at Walmart.  I don't even remember who was the "guinea pig"....probably my oldest, who is now 14!  :)
With each haircut, I got the "hang of it" more and more.  The clippers come with a booklet that explains how to cut hair, and I think I even checked out a video from our library on haircutting.  Now you can just "google" (or use my preferred search method, Swagbucks), and find many "how to cut hair" videos online.

A couple of years later, I even won my latest pair of clippers, at the Mall of America!  Yay!  :)

Wahl 79900B Clip-N-Trim 23-Piece Complete Haircut Kit is the one I won, and it works just great for our family.











It can be messy, but thankfully as my boys have gotten older, they tolerate the itchiness during the hair cut more and more!!!  My favorite time of the year to cut hair, however, is in the summer.  I just set up my "salon" on our deck and begin to trim away....the hair gets blown away in the wind!  Heehee!  That makes for easy clean up!  :)

I try to cut their hair whenever possible, but sometimes I just don't have the time to fit it in and they go to Great Clips (with a coupon, of course).  They have told me more than once that they would rather have me cut their hair....
some day, that may change, but for now I am enjoying the $$ saved, and the fact that they "want Mom to cut their hair"!!!!  :)


If you want to give it a try, many stores carry hair clippers.

Do you save $$$ by cutting hair at home???

I have linked this to:
Frugal Friday
Works for Me Wednesday

 If you are new here today or if you you haven't done so already, you may subscribe to daily updates from 2 Make Ends Meet, if you are interested.  Thank you!  You can also find extra updates from me on Facebook and Twitter.
Blessings to you and yours! Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments make me happy:

  1. You've been awarded

    http://professionallyinsanem.blogspot.com/2011/01/ive-been-given-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cutting my husband's hair ever since we were dating in college. The savings can't be beat! My husband absolutely hates the itchy factor, though, so he insists that I mist his hair really well with a spray bottle before cutting. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have cut alot of hair over the years with our 3 boys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!