Saturday, December 12, 2009

Frugal Frozen Rolls Recipe

I am so excited!!!!  It worked!  In my last post, I told you that I would be making Overnight Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas morning.  The main ingredient is frozen rolls (like Rhodes) that you buy.  I wondered if I could make my own dough, which I love to do in my bread machine, and cut that up in roll size portions.  Then I could freeze my own dough and use in my cinnamon rolls.  They are healthier (I know exactly what is in them) and they are cheaper to make.  Well, I just had to try.  I looked for advice on the internet and it seemed that many people do this!!!!  (I'm learning ALL the time!  :))  So, I decided to use my favorite bread recipe...Softest Ever Bread Machine Bread
This time, however, I used all white flour, instead of 1 c. of whole wheat....just because....;)
1 cup warm water
2 T. white sugar
2 tsp. yeast
1/4 cup canola oil
2 c. white flour (or 3 c. white, omit the whole wheat)
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. kosher salt

Place water, sugar and yeast in bread machine pan.  Let sit for 10 minutes.  Add the remaining ingredients.  Set machine to "dough" cycle.  After dough cycle is finished, knead a couple of times and cut into approximately 18 -20 roll size pieces.  Place these on a lightly greased cookie sheet in the freezer.  When they are hard, overnight, or after a few hours, place them in a freezer bag.  Ta da!!!  You have frozen rolls like you buy at the store.  When ready to use, let them rise in a greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Like I said, the frozen rolls worked.  How do I know???  We will be enjoying a "test run" of cinnamon rolls this morning.  I am smelling them right now, as I type!  ;) Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!