Monday, November 23, 2009

Great Harvest-Like Chocolate Chip Cookies


If you love Great Harvest chocolate chip cookies as much as my family and I do, you have to try this recipe that I found while searching online.


Here is a link to the recipe: Great Harvest-Like cookies

GREAT HARVEST BREAD COMPANY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups rolled oats
2 eggs
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon milk
1 (12 ounce) pkg semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

Beat together brown sugar and butter until well combined. Add oats, eggs, molasses, and milk; beat well. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture; beat until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop dough and drop about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 13 minutes, until just starting to brown around the outside. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove and cool on racks.

Makes 24 giant cookies
Adapted from source: Great Harvest Bread Company

Note: If you want to make these more like an oatmeal cookie, you could leave out the chocolate chips and maybe add some raisins.
Enjoy and let me know what you think...do they truly match the taste of Great Harvest?? Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments make me happy:

  1. Hey Kathy!
    I'm finally going to your Blog! I didn't have time when I first got your email and just remembered again today. How fun and cute!
    I'm pretty computer illiterate, but I printed off the cookie recipe (thanks!) and think your blog is great!

    I don't think I was able to get the rest of your complete profile. (But again, I'm not proficient at the computer!)

    Will you have pictures of your family on it? Please say hi to Phil for me. I'll check back again soon!
    LeAnn S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!