Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cherry Cream Pie


Oh, how I love this version of Cherry Cream Pie!  This is often a part of our Easter dinner tradition and it is so delicious!  I had never made it before, but got the recipe from my mother so that I could make it for Easter.  The recipe was my aunt's recipe.  She passed away several years back so it is very special to continue making some of the foods that I know she liked to make.  This cream pie does not have any cream cheese, or sour cream.  The taste is fantastic!
Cherry Cream Pie
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 can of cherry pie filling
Mix together sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla and almond, until thick.
Whip 1/2 cup whipping cream and fold into the milk/lemon juice mixture.  Pour into the prepared pie crust (you may use a plain crust, or a ready made shortbread crust.)  Place in refrigerator and let set for a half hour.  Pour 1 can of cherry pie filling over the top.  Serve with whipped cream, if desired. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!