Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Creamy Potato Salad Made Over

Well, I am finally getting my real posting of the day on here!!!  I am loving my class, and I will have to tell you more about that another time!

For now, here is one of those recipes that has been "hanging around my recipe hoard" for awhile.  I finally made it on Saturday, but didn't get around to eating it until yesterday.  Mmm, I must say!  It is a rather mild tasting, but creamy potato salad.

I tore the recipe out of Kraft Foods Food and Family magazine.  The date says Summer 2009!  It's about time I tried it!  It is actually a healthier version of potato salad.  As is usually true with me, I didn't have all of the ingredients.  I made it with what I had, and I still liked it!

Here is how I made it...

Creamy Potato Salad Makeover

1 lb. red potatoes (cut into chunks)
1/4 cup Kraft Light Zesty Italian Dressing (this is an ingredient I omitted)
1/3 cup Miracle Whip Light dressing
1 1/2 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 hard-cooked egg (my son really wanted it...so he ate it, instead of adding to recipe!  LOL!!)
4 green onions, chopped (I used chives from my garden)

Cook potatoes in saucepan of boiling water 15 minutes, or just until tender; drain.  Rinse potatoes in cold water until cooled.  Drain.
Mix dressings and mustard in a large bowl.  Add potatoes, eggs and onions.  Mix lightly.  Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.





This post is linked to:

Tasty Tuesday
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
$5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
Mouthwatering Mondays Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!