Thursday, June 17, 2010

(On-the-Go) Pizza Burgers

Since this was one of my meals this week, I thought I would share the recipe with you.

My original recipe includes SPAM, but I didn't have any, and truthfully don't really like using it, so I skipped it.  I think they tasted just great without it!

Here is my recipe:

Pizza Burgers
Printer-Friendly Version

*Ground Beef, one pound (browned)
*1/2 Tbsp. Minced Onion or 1/2 fresh chopped onion
*1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (a little more, if you like!)  :)
*1 cup spaghetti sauce
*1/2 cup tomato sauce (skipped this last time...worked out fine)
*1/4 tsp. sage
*1/2 tsp. oregano
*1/4 tsp. salt
*1/2 tsp. parsley

Combine browned ground beef, onion, and cheese.  Add sauce and spices.  Mix well.  Spread meat onto open face hamburger buns.  Bake at 350* for 15 minutes.



This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, etc. and frozen.  I like to freeze the mix alone.  I have never tried freezing the mix on the buns before, but it probably would work out fine.

I think this would qualify for an on-the-go meal, don't you??  :)

This recipe was featured at Family Balance Sheet as part of "12 Fast Family Dinners"!  Check it out! Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!