Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brown Rice...in my crock pot? An experiment...PART 2

Well, if you read my post from yesterday, you know I was experimenting with fixing brown rice in my crock pot.  So the big reveal....

It works!!!!

What a great feeling to have success!!!

I even remembered to "take notes" as I fixed it.

First of all, I followed my procedures as written in my "experiment" and used 1 cup of brown rice, and 2 cups of water.  Since I only had a small amount to make I put some water (about an inch) in the bottom of the crock pot, and my Corning Ware into the water "bath".  (This was advice given to me from a dear friend, who had been to a crock pot class.)

The rice and water went into the smaller Corning Ware.  (This provides optimum cooking when not utilizing the full pot.)  Crock pots work the best when they are 1/2 to 2/3 full.

Because I didn't start this until 2:00 p.m., I turned my crock pot on HIGH.  At first I only covered it with the crock pot cover, but after checking on it a little while later, I decided to also put the Corning Ware cover on it first.



I stirred the rice every hour, or so.  I would say the rice was done at 5:00 p.m.  I unplugged the pot and let it continue to sit in there for a few minutes longer, until we were ready to eat.

Fabulous!!  A little sticky, but I don't mind sticky rice.  AND, there were no crunchy pieces of rice!!!!  :)



Well, I guess I can say that this "Works For Me"!!!!
Click here for more Works for Me Wednesday posts.



If you haven't done so already, you can sign up to receive daily e-mails at:
Enter your email address:



and I would love to have you "like" me on Facebook.  Stay connected to my blog, and more, by doing so!
Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments make me happy:

  1. I am a new follower! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was making plain rice with butter this whole time. This was delicious. I will never make plain rice again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!