Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Byerlys/Lunds Chicken Cherry Pasta Salad...make it at home!

This isn't my recipe, but it is a pasta salad that I just had on Sunday, at a bridal shower for my nephew's fiance'.

I have had it several times before, and it is so delicious!!!  I took a chance that Byerlys/Lunds might actually share the recipe on their website, and sure enough, here it is:

Chicken Cherry Pasta Salad

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
  • 1 package frozen boneless skinless chicken breast strips, (2.25 pounds)
  • 1 (16 ounce) package dry gnocchi or shell pasta
  • 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 3/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 1 (5 ounce) package dried cherries
  • 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
  • 1 1/4 cups creamy style poppyseed dressing
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 4 cups baby spinach, stems removed
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
  • curly leaf lettuce 
We eat it plain, without serving it on spinach leaves.  I'm sure that would be very nummy too (and it makes it healthier!)  :)
I hope to make it this afternoon, and if I do, I will try to post a picture.

Have any of you ever tried to duplicate this one from Byerlys/Lunds? Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!