Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Easy Ground Beef and Cheese Quesadillas

I am all for easy, easy meals.

With the busyness of afterschool practices for my oldest, and evening practices for my younger two boys, we often are eating meals in shifts.

The easiest way for me to fix hot meals, is to use my crock pot.  That way the food is hot and ready to go in shifts, for sure.

Another thing I have to rely on, are meals that are quick to make when we all might happen to be home between events.

Last evening, I needed one of those, so I made some quesadillas.

I have made them with chicken before, and even just plain cheese, but I wanted something different (and knew I had browned ground beef in the freezer).  So I created Easy Ground Beef and Cheese Quesadillas.

Easy Ground Beef and Cheese Quesadillas
*browned ground beef
*taco seasoning
*shredded cheddar
*soft tortillas

Mix taco seasoning, to taste, with the browned ground beef, and simmer until hot.  (I had to thaw mine a little bit, as it came out of the freezer.)
Place a spoonful of seasoned ground beef on one half of a soft tortilla.  Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the beef.  Fold the tortilla in half.  Place on a pre-heated skillet (I used my electric skillet, but you could also use a George Foreman grill, or even a panini press) until lightly toasted on one side.  Turn over and heat until that side is toasted also.
Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.


This post is linked to:
Delicious Dishes
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments make me happy:

  1. I do the same also but I put slice tomato, cucumber and cabbage because I love veggie. :). Soooo yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!