Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to my mom!!!!

Today's post is in honor of my sweet mom!  She is turning 75 today!  Wow, it's hard to believe.  She is a very young 75, to say the least!  I am so thankful for her.  I never knew her mother, because she passed away before I was born.  How thankful I am, that my boys have gotten to know their Mormor (Swedish for mother's mother) so well!  We had a wonderful celebration yesterday.  Mom and Dad joined us for Sunday dinner.  We had a good old-fashioned Sunday dinner meal after church, just like my mom used to make for our family when I was growing up!  It was fabulous to come home from church and smell the roast cooking in the crockpot!  I love my crockpot!!!  :)  We had beef roast, make ahead mashed potatoes, peas, cooked carrots (from my garden!), rolls (the cute little ones that my mom makes), and for dessert we had brownie sundaes with homemade hot fudge sauce!  Wow!  We usually don't eat that well on a Sunday (or ever)!  It was wonderful to use Christmas plates and all the beautiful goblets, silverware, etc. that we got for our wedding, but hardly ever use!  I don't know about you, but I think I need to do this more often!  :)  My boys had a wonderful time and my 11 year old especially loves to help me serve the meal.  Sigh....what a wonderful day!  Thank you God, for families!  :) Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!