Saturday, January 2, 2010

Easy Brunch Oven Omelet

Thank you Betty Crocker!!!!  I made the Brunch Oven Omelet from Betty Crocker's Cookbook/40th Anniversary Edition for brunch this morning.  It was so easy to mix together and then bake!  Best of all, it was a hit with my family (the ones that eat eggs that is...)!!!
The link to the recipe is Brunch-oven-omelet-with-canadian-bacon.  The recipe in the book does not have canadian bacon.  I omitted the green onions also.  This is how I made the eggs this morning (which is actually half of the original recipe).
Brunch Oven Omelet
8 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream (I used regular, you could probably use light or fat-free)
1 tsp. kosher salt (just shy of this is good)
2 T. butter

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Place ingredients in a mixing bowl, minus the butter.  Beat until smooth.  Place butter in casserole dish. ( I used my 2 qt. corning ware.  You could also use an 8x8 inch glass dish.)  Melt butter in microwave.  Pour in egg mixture.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set and puffy. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!