Sunday, January 3, 2010

Trader Joe's

Trader Joe's......I keep hearing about it.....well, yesterday I had a chance to experience it.  I like it!  :)  After a wonderful "Saturday afternoon car ride", which my husband likes to do sometimes, we were heading home.  To my delight I spotted the Trader Joe's that has gone up in the last year ahead of us.  "Trader Joe's!", I exclaimed.  "Can we stop there?"  To my delight, my husband thought it was a fine idea too.  It was a busy place on a Saturday afternoon, but we enjoyed ourselves and came home with food for supper.  I can see what people like about this unique store.  They had beautiful produce and an interesting selections of meats, cheeses, breads, organic foods and lots of gluten-free items.  I was pleased that they had the Good Earth tea that SuperTarget no longer stocks for me.  I also bought Trader Joe's brand of steel cut oats, pure cane brown sugar, and strawberry kefir, to name a few.  The prices were good and the kefir was a dollar cheaper than what I pay at Cub!  Yay!  The lavish purchase (so I thought at the time) of the day was Mandarin Orange Chicken.  Well, as it turns out, it was a fabulous purchase!  The chicken tasted like we were eating out!!!!  It was very similar to Leann Chin's or Applebees' Orange Chicken.  Yay!  Now, think about this....let's break it down....
Mandarin Orange Chicken (served 5) $4.99
Bird's Eye broccoli $.99
brown rice (leftovers on hand) free
Trader Joe baguette $1.99
Total meal for 5 was $7.97.
Price this meal would have cost eating out....easily $30.00
I think that was a great savings!!!!!  I might even call it "frugal"!!  Lol!!!
Another plus....the chicken was low sodium....only 270 mg per serving!!  Wow!!

I also found wonderful oatmeal & honey soap....2 bars for about $1.50!!!  And spearmint lip balm....3 tubes for $1.99, I think!!!

I could go on and on......

I would love to hear what you like to buy at Trader Joe's, if you shop there.
I know I will be going back!!  :) Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!