Sunday, January 3, 2010

Frugal Ground Beef in the Freezer!!!

Here is my frugal find of the week!!!!  We stopped at SuperTarget and to my surprise they had 80% ground chuck on sale for 99 cents/pound!  Wow!  Normal price was $3.09/lb.  The expiration date was still 2 weeks away!!!!  So, I bought 5 pounds.  I just saved over $10.00!!!  I love it!  So, what to do with five pounds of ground chuck, you ask?  Well, I will brown it all, drain it, and let it cool in the fridge.  Once it cools, I will place it in 1 lb. portions in freezer bags.  Now, when I need ground beef for a recipe, I will just pull out a freezer bag full of it, and use it in sloppy joes, taco filling, soup, and more.
This makes me happy!  :) Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!