Thursday, March 25, 2010

Very Easy Scones

My mom has been making these scones for many years now.  I am not even sure where the recipe came from, but they are much healthier than most, because they use canola oil, instead of butter.

They are quick to make too, and you can have fresh scones in a snap!!!!
I know that these could easily be customized with fresh berries!  I plan on experimenting using coconut oil in place of canola oil, one of these days!!

(This post has been updated on March 23, 2020.)


Very Easy Scones
2c. Flour
2 T. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. canola oil
2/3 c. milk

Stir dry ingredients together.









Mix oil and milk and stir into dry ingredients. 

Form dough into a flat circle and cut into wedges.  (The nutrition info is figured on 12 wedges.)





Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired. (Adds more calories, not figured in.)

Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 400*F.











I would love to know if you have tried this recipe, and what you would add to "make it your own"!!


This recipe is also posted here at SparkPeople

Click here for a printer-friendly version of Very Easy Scones. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!