Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ham & Cheese Melts with Poppyseed Mustard Sauce

I am happy to report that my menu planning has been going very well!  Yay!  Last week, I changed a couple of the days around, but that wasn't a problem....I can be flexible!  :)
This week, I have stayed on schedule and I wanted to share a recipe that my WHOLE family loved!  Those recipes are KEEPERS!

We used to have the pleasure of eating at church on Wednesday nights.  It was wonderful!  One of the menu items was nummy little ham & cheese melts with a mustard & poppy seed sauce.  I didn't have the recipe, but I sure can let my fingers do the walking on Swagbucks!  Hee hee!  To my delight, I found many recipes for Poppyseed Ham Rolls, Party Ham Rolls, Poppyseed Ham Delights....they had all different names, but were basically the recipe I was looking for!  Yay!

So, this is what I did:
Ham and Cheese Melts
*8 hot dog buns (I had these leftover from the weekend, you could use any buns)
*6 T. butter, melted
*3 tsp. mustard
*1 tsp. poppyseeds
*1 tsp. worcestershire sauce (I might try without this next time)
*deli ham (8 slices)
*swiss cheese (8 slices)

Preheat oven to 350*.  Melt butter in small saucepan.  Add in mustard, poppyseeds, and worcestershire sauce.  Mix well, but do not boil.  Open buns and spread (pour, maybe) sauce on both sides of open buns.  Layer swiss cheese and deli ham on each bun.  Place buns in a 9x13 pan.  Cover with foil.  Bake in 350* oven for 15 minutes.


These are very nummy!  They actually could qualify for my On-The-Go meals, I believe!  They could easily be individually wrapped, frozen and then thawed before baking.

Click on here for a printer-friendly version. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!