Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chocolate Mint Brownies

These brownies are an absolute favorite of mine, and they have become a bit of a tradition for Christmas!!!

The recipe comes from an old Family Fun magazine, and the recipe can still be found on their website.
Chocolate Mint Brownies


If you don't have time to make brownies from scratch, you can easily use a brownie mix, which I have done before.

BUT, you don't want to change the frosting recipe!!!!  The frosting is what makes these SO fabulous!!!!

I will list the recipe here for the two types of frosting:
Mint Frosting
*1/4 cup softened butter
*2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
*1 1/2 to 3 T. milk
*1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
green food coloring
Cream the butter and sugar.  Add the milk a tablespoon at a time, until smooth and spreadable.  Mix in peppermint extract and add green food coloring, to your liking.  Frost the cooled brownies, and cover and let chill for 1 hour.
Chocolate Topping
*3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
*3 T. butter
Place in a microwavable container and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the chocolate melts.  Stir until smooth and carefully spread over the mint frosting.  Refrigerate for 45 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
When ready to serve, bring to room temperature and carefully cut into squares.  (My mother uses a plastic knife...seems to work better.)

Enjoy, and try not to eat the whole pan!!!  (Like I want to do!)  LOL!!!


This is linked to Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
Tasty Tuesdays
Mouthwatering Mondays

Would you like updates from 2 Make Ends Meet? 
You may receive them by:
*Subscribing to my e-mails
*"like" my page on Facebook
*follow my tweets on Twitter
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments make me happy:

  1. Your brownies look lovely. Chocolate and mint make such a wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, but I can't take credit for those pictured! LOL! That is the photo from Family Fun! They are very easy to make look as good as those, though! :) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh those look good, I'll have to try those for sure
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate and mint are the perfect Christmas combination! I could eat those frostings by the spoonful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds AMAZING! My taste buds are crying out for me to get baking right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!