Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Very Simple Chicken Noodle Soup

This past week I have been suffering from my allergies, or perhaps a cold.  Whatever the cause, I have been very congested and loving my soup!  You may think I am strange but Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup is very comforting for me to eat while I have a cold!  Maybe it is particularly comforting because it brings back memories of my childhood and how good it tasted then.  My boys prefer Campbell's chicken noodle also.
On Sunday, I didn't have any on hand.  I decided to quickly make my own....a much simpler version of my typical homemade chicken soup.

The results were rather tasty, and reminded me more of Lipton Noodle Soup, which was a childhood favorite also.

This is what I did:

Very Simple Chicken Noodle Soup
*6 cups water
*2 T. chicken soup base or bouillon
*2 tsp. dried thyme leaves (which I have heard have decongestant properties)
*1 cup cooked, chopped chicken breast
*angel hair pasta, broken into 1 - 2 inch pieces

Place the water, chicken soup base, and thyme leaves into a pan.  Place on high until boiling.  Add chicken and pasta.  Turn down heat, and simmer until noodles are tender.



Enjoy!


My 15 year old son has also been congested and he actually ate seconds of this soup!  Yay for me!

This post is linked to:
Mouthwatering Monday
Tasty Tuesday

Don't miss a thing on 2 Make Ends Meet by subscribing to my e-mails.  You may also "like" my page on Facebook and follow my tweets on Twitter, if interested! Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!