Sunday, December 6, 2009

Spritz Cookies

After thinking I was all set for the bake sale that was happening at my oldest's choir concert on Saturday evening, I had an unexpected change of plans.....oh boy, not what I was hoping for.  I had made wonderful peanut butter fudge with my boys on Friday night.  Perfect, I thought, I will bring several plates of that for the bake sale!!!  Saturday afternoon rolls around, and after asking my 11 year old to reread the e-mail about the bake sale, he came into the bathroom, where I was fixing my hair.  "Mom, it says that due to some severe allergies in the choir members, we can't bring anything with nuts!!!"  Uggghhhh!!!  I had read it a few weeks ago and thought to myself, "I never add nuts to anything, that won't be a problem."  Well......how quickly I forgot.  So, to my dismay, the wonderful peanut butter fudge wasn't going to work, much to the delight of my boys.  :)  So, plan B came out.  That is why I decided to make these delicious Spritz cookies.  I love spritz cookies and this recipe is from a dear little old lady from my childhood.  Her name was Annie and she was a short little roly-poly lady who spoke with her wonderful Swedish accent.  She was just a joy and a wonderful cook.  I hope you enjoy her recipe:
Spritz Cookies
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. almond extract
Cream together sugar and butter.  Add in egg.  Mix well.  Add in remaining ingredients.  Use a cookie press (mine is Pampered Chef), or roll in small balls and press with cookie stamp.  Bake in a 375 oven for 8 - 10 minutes.  I usually bake for 10 minutes...(you can add green food coloring if making Christmas trees, or decorate any way you like.)
Enjoy!




This post is linked to Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments make me happy:

  1. Thanks for adding this yummy recipe to my Linky! I love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!