Friday, April 9, 2010

Crock Pot Chunky Applesauce

Well, this recipe that I am about to share is so easy, you really don't even need a recipe!  The results are so nummy though, that I will share the steps for you.  :)


Crock Pot Chunky Applesauce
*8 apples, approximately, or however many you would like to use.  I used Jonathan apples.  Apples that are best for cooking will soften for applesauce easier than other apples.  Peel, core and slice the apples into chunks. 
Sprinkle brown sugar to cover the apples.
Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon.
Add a little water to the crock pot.  1/4 cup was all I added for the amount of apples I used.  You might not even need to do this step.  I just wanted to add a little moisture before I started.  Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.

Obviously the longer you cook them, the softer they will get.  They will also break down and you can mash them if you would like.  We like them chunky.  It is like apple pie without the crust.  MMMM!!!
 For an extra little treat, pour a little cream over the top!  :)
If you would like a smoother consistency, feel free to puree them in your blender.  Better yet, if you have one of those cool little "blenders on a stick", puree it right in the crock pot!  These apples go really well also, with the Surprise Pancakes that we love to make at our house.


Enjoy!!

This post is linked to:  Life As Mom, Crock Pot Recipe Exchange and The Life of a Novice!



Update 9/2011--thanks for visiting from Family Balance Sheet!  I am pleased to have you here!  Don't miss any new postings by subscribing here to e-mail updates.  You can also find extra postings at Facebook and/or Twitter.  Have a fabulous day!  :) Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments make me happy:

  1. Yum - Homemade applesauce is the best! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!