Monday, April 26, 2010

Easy French Toast Bake

My sister, brother in law and niece were able to come in town at the last minute.  I invited them over for brunch after church along with my parents too.  I wanted to make something that I could put together the night before and bake right before we ate.  I thought about an egg bake, but have a couple of fussy eaters in my house that would turn their noses up at it.  :)  So, I thought about surprise pancakes, but didn't know if we would be ready to eat as soon as the pancakes were, so I decided on a French Toast Bake.  That was a great idea.  Easy. Tasty. Satisfying.

Easy French Toast Bake
*loaf of french bread (or any other bread)
*10 eggs
*2 cups milk
*1 tsp. vanilla
*2 T. sugar
Slice bread into approx.1/2 inch slices (I didn't measure...lol).  Arrange the slices on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.  Layer a second layer of slices on top of the first.  Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar in a mixing bowl until well mixed.  Pour the egg mixture over the bread slices so that every piece has been covered.  Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 2 hours).
Preheat oven to 350* and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.  

 
Serve with fruit and diced ham, if desired.  We also had powdered sugar or maple syrup for a little sweetener!  :)


This post is linked to *A Southern Fairy Tale

For a printable version of this recipe, click here
Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments make me happy:

  1. It looks yummy--I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was SO easy and yummy - 4 out of 6 had seconds! I put it together at lunch time and popped it in the fridge. We had it for supper with sausage and fruit smoothies. I also sprinkled it with cinnamon before popping it in teh oven. This recipe is "a keeper!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HappyMomOnline,
    I am so glad that your family enjoyed this recipe! I love your addition of a little cinnamon sprinkled on top! I will have to try that too! Thanks for letting me know how it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!