Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stuffed Jumbo Shells

I just came across this recipe in my notebook that is stuffed with recipes!  I had forgotten about it!!!  I will be making this VERY soon, and will post pictures when I do.  In the mean time, here is the recipe.  I got this one from my wonderful sister.  :)

Stuffed Jumbo Shells
1 pkg. jumbo shells, cooked
8 oz. mozzarella cheese (shredded)
15 oz. cottage cheese (could use ricotta, or mix 1/2 cottage, 1/2 ricotta)
1 egg
28 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cook shells according to package directions.  Mix cheeses and egg.  Pour 1 cup of sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.  Stuff cooked shells with cheese mixture and place shells, open side up, in the pan.  Pour the remaining sauce over the top.  Cover and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.  (You can remove the cover for the last 10 minutes.)
This post is linked to $5 Dollar Dinners, Blessed with Grace and Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments make me happy:

  1. Yum, I wonder if this would freeze good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is that is would be a fabulous dish to freeze! I think I would try freezing the stuffed shells individually. Then you could pop as many as you needed in the pan and precede with the recipe! Good idea, Candi! I think I will try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!