Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Homemade Raspberry Freezer Jam

Ahhhhhh.....raspberries!  I have always loved raspberries!


My love for them started as a little girl.  We would pick wild raspberries at our cabin.  I especially remember picking with my mom, aunts and cousins!  Of course, there was always one lone fly that seemed to buzz around your head the whole time, but for the most part, they were always happy memories.

I remember eating them right off of the bush, and loved it when my mom would put them in coffee cake!  Yum!!!

Now that I am grown up, we have planted raspberry bushes at our house.  As long as I have a yard of my own, I think I will always have raspberry bushes!  MMMMM!!!!

Here are some more of the beauties from my yard this summer.



Besides going out the back door and feasting on them fresh, I also enjoy making raspberry jam.  I LOVE being able to pull a jar out of my freezer in the middle of winter and remembering warm summer days!  If you have never made Raspberry Freezer Jam, it is so simple to do.

Homemade Raspberry Freezer Jam

*4 cups crushed raspberries
*1 1/2 cups sugar
*1 package Ball No Cook Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin (or other fruit pectin)

Mix sugar and pectin thoroughly.  Add crushed raspberries.  Mix well for 3 minutes.


Pour raspberry mixture into clean containers (glass jars or plastic Ball freezer jam containers).  This amount will make 5 - 8 oz. containers of jam.  Cover tightly and let set on counter for 30 minutes.  Place in refrigerator or freezer.




Enjoy!!!

This post is linked to:

$5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
Tasty Tuesdays
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
A Southern Fairytale Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments make me happy:

  1. Oh, I just made raspberry jam last week, and it is so good! I love that it can be a bit more tart then other kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love raspberry! I'm going to try that. This will be my first time making jam. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!