Saturday, August 21, 2010

God's Lesson for Me...from the birds and SATURDAY STUMBLES

Do you ever feel like you are treading water, just to stay afloat, with your expenses?  Oh my, I was feeling like that on Thursday afternoon!!!!  I was upset with myself for missing a payment, and getting a HUGE late fee on our Visa bill.  It was MY mistake, and I'm not quite sure how I missed it....anyway, that just added fuel to my feelings of failure of trying "2 Make Ends Meet"!!!!  :(


But....God is good!!!  As I was quickly making an online payment (to fix MY mistake), I heard some birds outside of my window.  I peeked and was amazed at what I saw (I wish I had been able to get a picture)....


a baby blue bird and it's mama (or daddy?).  


They were beautiful just as they were, but here is the clincher.  All of a sudden baby was alone....but not for long.  You see, right there 2 feet from me the parent came back and was feeding the baby bird.  I was immediately reminded that God cares for me, and will provide for my needs!  
(Matthew 6:25-28) 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]? (from BibleGateway.com)

I needed that!  I love how God sends reminders to me!  :)

That evening, I also had a great time of refreshing with my wonderful group of ladies from my Bible study group.  Isn't it fabulous to get together around coffee for fellowship?!!!  We laughed so hard that I don't think I had any eye makeup left!  :) 

God knew I needed that too.

And God didn't stop there....in my mailbox on Friday, there was our property tax refund check waiting for me.  It was another reminder that God is ALWAYS faithful.  He doesn't promise easy living, but He is ALWAYS with me!

To top it off for the week, my husband and I had a "date night".  (Of course, we used a buy one get one free coupon for Green Mill.)  It was so nice to be able to spend time together.


And for my "best of the web" this week:

*MN readers can now enjoy deals from the Star Tribune.  My favorite deal (that is still valid as I write this) is for $10 of food from Sonic drive-ins for only $5.  The fun part is if you get friends to sign up via your link, you receive $10 of deal bucks in your account.  (hint, hint)  LOL!

*A fun posting that I read this week was from the ebay Selling Coach.  I have a secret desire that I will "hit it big" by finding some treasure at Good Will and then selling it for TONS of money on ebay.  It hasn't happened to me yet, but this was a fun story about a woman who found vintage sewing patterns, and made a good chunk of change on ebay by selling them.

*Another great posting about was by Blogging with Amy.  She did a fabulous job sharing her heart about the challenge of balancing computer time, and time with family, etc.  If you struggle with finding balance, you may want to check it out.

itscome2this.com

This post is linked to Saturday Stumbles.  You can check out other lists of the "best of the web" there. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!