Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Watermelon Kiwi Smoothie

Yum!




We saw this recipe over the weekend while at my parents' cabin.  My mother had a copy of the Byerlys/Lunds natural foods magazine.  This recipe was featured in it, so I put watermelon, kiwi, and vanilla yogurt on my shopping list.

This was the "bedtime snack" for my boys last night.  They all thought that it was rather good.  So did I.

I found the recipe on the National Watermelon Promotion Board's website.  Actually you might want to take a look at the website, as it has lots of fun facts, more recipes and even fun things for kids to do! 


Here is the recipe:
 
Watermelon Kiwi Smoothie 

*2 cups seedless watermelon chunks
*2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
*2 cups vanilla yogurt
*1 cup ice
Place in blender and process, until smooth.
Makes 2 servings


**I made half of this recipe last night and it made 3 1/2 servings!  I'm not sure how big of servings they are talking about the way that wrote the recipe!  :)

I think I might try adding a banana to this today.

Enjoy!

For more great recipes, be sure to check out the following links below:


$5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
Tasty Tuesdays
A Southern Fairytale
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments make me happy:

  1. I am going to make right now. I have a slice of watermelon in the fridge, so now I have a great breakfast . Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!