Friday, October 22, 2010

School Portraits...taking your own

Even though for many years I was homeschooling all of our boys, we still had the opportunity for school portraits.  Every year, our homeschool co-op would have a photographer come in to take class pictures and individual portraits, if we wanted them.

We ordered them a few times.  Sometimes, we went to JCPenney, or Target.  One year Walmart did a nice job for us.  The price was best at Walmart and Target. 

Then, one year I decided to try taking my own pictures.  The beauty of a digital camera is that you can see the picture right away and take a new one, if it isn't the best.

My boys were happy not to have to go in to a portrait studio, as we could take the pictures in the backyard! 

I have to say, the pictures turned out great!  I took a few shots of each of them, and then let them help choose the picture they liked.

The best part was ordering them online at Walgreens.com.  I was able to get a portrait package that included an 8 x 10 for our wall, and enough pictures for grandparents, aunts and uncles.  The total for all 3 boys was less than what I would have paid for one package from the "school photographer", I believe!!!! 

They were ready the next day, I think!


So, it is time for new school pictures.  I will be taking them this weekend, hopefully.

Have any of you ever done this???

This post is linked to Frugal Fridays at Life as MOM, and Finer Things Friday. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!