Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Time...the gift that I can give today!

Happy Birthday, to my wonderful little mom!  Little, because she really is...she measures (or used to anyway) 5 foot 3 inches tall!  I am 5 foot 9 3/4 inches tall, so she really is my "little" mom!

She is a wonderful mother, wife, sister, grandmother and now even a great grandmother.  I know too, that she was a wonderful daughter, but I never got to see her in the role of "daughter", as both of her parents died before I was even born.

What a blessing it has been to me, that my children have always known their "Mormor", as they call her.  (Swedish for mother's mother.)

She always answers, when asked what she might like for Christmas or her birthday, "you are my present."  I know she means in all sincerity.  And even though, I would love to buy her something expensive and absolutely fabulous, I am unable to do that with our limited resources.

So today, no gift in hand, my youngest and I will take Mormor "out for coffee", and enjoy just being together.




This post is linked to:
Works For Me Wednesday






Would you like money saving tips and a little slice
of my reality from "2 Make Ends Meet"? 
You may receive them by:
*Subscribing to my e-mails
*"like" my page on Facebook (extra content)
*follow my tweets on Twitter (extra content)
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!