Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Healthy Snack - Apples with Peanut Butter

This has been one of my favorite snacks since I was in 2nd grade!  That's a long time!

Evidently, my second grade teacher had suggested this as a healthy afternoon snack.  My mother remembers that I came home one day wanting to try it!  I loved it, and probably wanted it all of the time.

It is a snack that I have shared with all of my boys, and I think my youngest enjoys it the most.  (Actually, my oldest loves it too, but hasn't been able to eat it this way while having braces the past two years!)

Super easy...all you need is an apple and a scoop (or 2) of peanut butter.

Cut the apple in half, cut out the seeds and the stems. 
Place a scoop of peanut butter in each half.



Enjoy!

***If you (or your child) has braces, cut the apple in slices, place a scoop of peanut butter in a dish, and dip the apples in it. 
***If you have peanut allergies, I am sure this would be delicious with other "butter" varieties (sunflower, almond, etc.)




Are you new here? Would you like money saving tips and more from
"2 Make Ends Meet"? 
You may receive them by:
*Subscribing to my e-mails
*"like" my page on Facebook (extra content)
*follow my tweets on Twitter (extra content)



This post is linked to:
Delicious Dishes
Tasty Tuesday Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!