Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Buttermilk pancakes...for a Snow Day!!!

Wow!  This hardly ever happens....

a SNOW DAY!!!!!

My boys were very excited to learn they did not have to go to school this morning...we are used to snow in Minnesota, and the road crews are very good at getting snow cleared from streets, highways and freeways...but sometimes there is just TOO much that comes at the wrong time (or right time, depending who you ask)...

In celebration of all of my boys being home, I thought I should make pancakes.  I use my "good old" Betty Crocker cookbook for the recipe.  Today I decided to do the buttermilk variation.

(Did you know you can make your own buttermilk?  Just put a tablespoon of vinegar in your 1 cup measuring cup, and fill the rest with milk...voila!  Buttermilk (really "sour milk" but your pancakes...and your boys...won't know the difference).

Here is the recipe as I made it today (doubled) for 3 hungry boys (and me)...

Buttermilk Pancakes
*2 eggs
*2 cups flour
*2 cups "buttermilk" (2 cups milk minus 2 T. + 2 T. vinegar)
*2 T. sugar
*2 tsp. baking powder
*1 tsp. baking soda
*1/4 c. vegetable oil
*1/2 tsp. salt
Beat eggs until fluffy.  Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  Pour 1/4 c. onto a hot griddle...flip when the "bubbles" pop. 



Ready when sides of pancake are "dry".

Serve with maple syrup, or *homemade syrup, when you realize you don't have any maple syrup!!!

*homemade syrup (mix 1 1/2 c. brown sugar, 3/4c. water, and 1 T. butter, in a sauce pan over medium heat.  Stir constantly for a few minutes...)

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!