Monday, January 11, 2010

Baby Steps....Baby Steps....or maybe a New Year's Resolution or Two!!!

I have never been one of those people who makes New Year's Resolutions.  But since it is January and I have chosen to make some changes to my life, you might refer to them as New Year's Resolutions.  I guess I prefer to think of them as some baby steps towards improvement in my life!!!!  Actually, these are things that I used to do, but got out of the habit of doing so.....I am resolved to start again!

The first baby step or resolution, is to have a regular workout routine.  About a year and a half ago, I had resolved to start walking with the hopes of losing some weight I had "acquired" and to feel better mentally.  I was doing really well with walking 5 days/week.  I loved it!  The weight came off and I was feeling much better too.  Part of the motivation for me was using Spark People.  It is a great website that is free to use that will help you track your exercise and how much you are eating (and should be eating).  Wow, when you have to log how much you are eating, you think twice about putting food into your mouth mindlessly!!!  LOL!!  But over time, I slowly got out of my routine and thought it was time for something new.  I am excited about my new exercise routine that I just started today.  I had some Christmas money to spend and I found out about the No Excuses Workout System from a link on www.flylady.com.  I bought the "package deal" which is on sale right now.  The selling points for me are 1.  No special equipment is needed.  2.  I can work out at home.  3.  It includes a nice heart rate monitor. (Which my doctor suggested several years ago, to know if I am working my heart at the right level.)  It should be arriving in the mail soon, but in the mean time, I have a "personal trainer" online which gives me my workout schedule for the week, etc.

Well, I have been rambling too long.....I will have to tell you about my other "resolution" later (maybe tomorrow)!!!  :)

So, if you haven't done any exercise today, go take a few minutes and get your heart rate going!!!!  :) Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!