Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Buttermilk (Kefir) Pancakes


Well, not only am I excited that my kefir making was a success, but I used it in place of buttermilk in my pancake recipe this morning.  My boys and I loved it!  The original recipe is from Betty Crocker, but here is how I made them today:

"Buttermilk" Pancakes
1 egg (substituted 1 T. white vinegar---did you know you could do that??)
1 cup white flour (can use whole wheat-healthier)
1 cup plain kefir (or buttermilk)
1 T. brown sugar (or white)
2 T. melted butter (or canola oil-healthier)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Beat all ingredients together, until smooth.  I added a little milk to thin the batter a little.  Heat griddle to 375 degrees.  Prepare as you would any pancakes.

I served these with lingonberry preserves from Ikea.  Wow!  That was good!!  :)

This post is linked to $5 dollar dinners Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments make me happy:

  1. Love how you offer the "healthified" variations! Looks yummy!!!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!