Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Frugal Freezer Chicken Vegetable Soup

Here is a favorite recipe of mine.  The reason I love it, is that I usually have all of the ingredients on hand.  My neighbor is the one who first brought me some of it when I had a bad cold one winter.  She told me how she made it and I make it a little different every time, but it always turns out great.


Frugal Freezer Chicken Vegetable Soup

6 cups water
2 T. chicken bouillin (follow package directions...it might be different)
2 c. cubed chicken breast, cooked
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. frozen peas
1 c. frozen corn
8 oz. tomato sauce
1 tsp. thyme
1 c. elbow noodles, uncooked

This can all be added to a crockpot, in the morning (minus the noodles) and cook all day.  Or, you can cook it on the stove top.  Bring the water to a boil, and add the remaining ingredients.  Simmer for 15 minutes.  Add noodles and cook until tender.  The beauty of this soup is you can use the ingredients you have on hand.  Sometimes I have used leftover brown rice, instead of noodles.  I have also added diced tomatoes, if I don't have sauce.  Carrots are wonderful in it too.

This post is linked to:
 $5 Dollar Dinners
Family Balance Sheet


Would you like to get updates from 2 Make Ends Meet? 
You may by:
*Subscribing to my e-mails
*"like" my page on Facebook
*follow my tweets on Twitter
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!