Friday, February 19, 2010

Banana Blueberry Mini Loaves & Muffins

I decided to finally use a recipe that I had taken off of the back of a bag of Pillsbury flour YEARS ago!!!  :)  I had some frozen blueberries on hand ($1.99 for 16 oz. from Trader Joe's, by the way) and thought I wanted to use them for something other than smoothies!  They turned out very good!

Banana Blueberry Mini Loaves
1 cup sugar
1/2 c. oil (I used canola)
1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 medium)
1/2 c. plain yogurt (didn't have...used 1/2 T. vinegar plus milk to make 1/2 c.)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 c. unbleached flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, unthawed

Heat oven to 350*.  Grease and flour bottoms only of three 6 X 3 1/2 inch loaf pans**.  In large bowl, beat together sugar and oil.  Add bananas, yogurt, vanilla and eggs.  Blend well.  Add flour, soda, salt and mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Gently stir in blueberries.  Pour into pans.  Bake at 350* for 40 - 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.  Cool 5 minutes and remove from pans. 
**I used two mini loaf pans and one mini muffin tin.

 
  The muffins need to be checked at about 25 minutes.  I thought mine got a little dark at 30 minutes, but then I remembered it was banana bread and not blueberry muffins....they look different!!!  :)  
 
If you pay close attention, you will notice that some of the mini muffins are not there....they have already been eaten!  :)  My son and I just HAD to try a few, you know!


Let me know if you try them too!!!!  I love to hear feedback on the recipes shared here!  :)

Click here for a printer-friendly version of this recipe. 
This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday at BeautyandBedlam.com Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments make me happy:

  1. Yum! Those look delicious, I know my little one will just scarf them right up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I hadn't thought of banana & blueberry before (I usually do banana & nut or banana & chocolate chip)...definitely going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those slices look like heaven, they really really do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!