Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Reading Promotions!

My boys are looking forward to the summer reading program at our local library.  Since the time they have been eligible to enter, they have participated.  They have earned some really cool prizes for being diligent in book reading!  Does your local library have a Summer Reading Program for kids?  If you are not sure, you might want to check it out.  It is a great incentive for kids to be rewarded for their hard work!

There are a few national programs out there also.

Barnes and Noble:  My boys have participated in this promotion for a couple of summers now.  Read 8 books and receive a FREE book (from a preselected list).

Borders:  They are not close to us, so we have not taken part in this one, but it looks good, too.  Read 10 books and receive a FREE book (from a preselected list.)

Half Price Books:  Feed Your Brain Summer Reading Program  Kids can earn a $3 gift card each week they read at least 15 minutes/day!  Wow!  That could add up quickly!


Make sure to check your local stores for all of the details.



Do you know of any other summer reading promotions, that I missed?  Please share them with the rest of us!  :) Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments make me happy:

  1. Pizza Hut and Dairy Queen also have summer promotions. I have links to them at my blog as well as some suggestions about keeping your kids reading during the summer. www.happymomonline.com/blog
    Happy reading!
    Heather :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Happy Mom! :) I didn't realize that Pizza Hut had a summer promotion, and I am excited to find out what Dairy Queen is offering! Happy Summer Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!