Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Classic French Bread recipe

I thought I would share the bread recipe that I used for my Paninis on the George Foreman Grill on Monday.

This recipe is from my Oster 2 lb. Express Bake Breadmaker recipe book.  I had the machine prepare the dough for me and then I took it out to let it rise and then bake in my oven.

Classic French Bread (makes a 2 pound loaf)

*1 1/3 cups water
*2 tsp. margarine or butter (I used canola oil)
*4 cups bread flour (I used unbleached white)
*5 tsp. sugar
*1 1/2 tsp. salt
*2 1/2 tsp. yeast

Place ingredients in your bread machine.  Select the dough setting and start.  When the machine is finished, plop the dough onto a floured bread board.  Knead a few times and place in a greased loaf pan.  Let dough rise until doubled in size.  Bake at 350* for 25 -30 minutes, until golden.

Sorry....no picture today.  We ate it!!!  :)

I think next time I might try shaping the dough into a circle and let it rise on a cookie sheet before baking.  This would give a fun round loaf, which would be cute for paninis!!!  :)

Update November 2012:  I made this today...I divided the dough in two, and baked them on a cookie sheet (a little misshapen, but fun...kind of like artisan bread)!

New here?  Thanks for visiting!
Make sure to Subscribe to my e-mails, so that you may receive recipes, coupons, frugal ideas, and more.

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!