Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Easy & Refreshing Fresh Cucumber Salad

This is one of my husband's favorite recipes!  His grandmother used to make it, and whenever he eats them, I think it brings back great memories of her.  Grandma Fern was a great lady!  :) 

I have learned to really enjoy it too!  My kids even like it....imagine that!

I searched for the recipe on-line, because I didn't have Grandma Fern's recipe in front of me.  (It is SOMEWHERE in my kitchen, I'm sure....)  I found several recipes that were similar, I liked Betsy Carlson's recipe, so I used it for my base.  I didn't follow it exactly however (what else is new?)....

Easy & Refreshing Fresh Cucumber Salad

* 3 medium size cucumbers, sliced very thin
* 1 cup sugar
* 3/4 c. water
* 1/2 c. white vinegar
* 3 T. minced fresh dill or parsley (optional:  I didn't use)

Slice cucumbers VERY thin.  (You could also peel them first, but I like a little crunch.)  Place sliced cucumbers in a canning jar, or medium bowl.  Mix sugar, water and vinegar together.  Pour over sliced cucumbers.  Place in the refrigerator overnight.  Enjoy the next day!  :)
 



Do you enjoy cucumbers this way? 



This post is linked to:

$5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays
A Southern Fairytale
Tasty Tuesdays Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments make me happy:

  1. This is one of my favorite salads too! It's perfect for summertime. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!