Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday....September 27


We are enjoying beautiful fall weather up here in Minnesota!  I love the crispness in the air!

I am mixing up my menu framework this week a little bit, which I knew I would probably do!  :)

Here are the plans:

MONDAY:  Casserole Sloppy Joes (the Chicken Gumbo version, made with ground turkey, on sale at Target this week)
I will be making enough of this show I can freeze half of it.

TUESDAY:  Crock Pot --- Creamy Chicken

WEDNESDAY:  Sandwiches---Kids' Choice---PBJ, Turkey or Grilled Cheese  :)

THURSDAY:  Mexican---Tortilla Casserole

FRIDAY:  Chicken---Chicken Nuggets and Tator Tots

I need to get back into making double portions (at least) of my freezable meals.  I have never done the full 30 Day Gourmet plan, but take lots of tips from the book.  What seems to be more manageable for me is to double a recipe, and then freeze half of it.
Or if I get a good deal on hamburger or chicken, I will fix it, and then freeze small portions to be used in recipes.

How about you?  Are you super organized and get a month of meals in the freezer, or are you more like me!!?? 

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday, where you can see others' meal plans for the week. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!