Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sloppy Josephs

My mother used to make a similar recipe growing up, but I have wonderful memories of this specific recipe!  You see, when my youngest was born, my friend had her husband deliver this meal to our house.  It was so delicious (doesn't food always taste better when someone else makes it for you???)

Her version uses ground turkey, which adds a little different flavor.  She also places pickles on top...which we have come to love!!!  :)

I hope you enjoy it too!

Sloppy Josephs

*2 lbs. ground turkey, browned
*2 cans Campbell's Chicken Gumbo soup
*2 T. mustard (the recipe calls for dry mustard...I used plain mustard)
*6 T. ketchup
*2 medium onions (skipped this time)

Brown turkey with the chopped onion.  Add soup, mustard and ketchup.  Simmer 15 minutes.  Serve on buns with large dill slices.
(Or...cook turkey in crock pot on high, breaking it apart as it cooks, which takes awhile.  Once the meat is done, add the other ingredients.  Continue to cook on high, until ready to serve.  Approx. 4 - 6 hours total.)

This mixture can be easily frozen in containers for later use, which I always try to do.



This post is linked to:

$5 Dollar Dinners
Tasty Tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
A Southern Fairytale Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments make me happy:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!