Featured Post

Cash back apps...my favorites! How about you...are you saving too?!

Cash back...what a wonderful thing! There are several different ways that I earn cash back while shopping in the store, or while shopping ...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chocolate-Drizzled Trail Mix

I LOVE the sound of this, don't you???

I came upon this nummy recipe in Family Fun's October magazine, and I have been waiting to try it ever since.

Today is the day!

The recipe calls for coconut flakes and sunflower seeds, which I don't have today, so this is how I will be making it.

Chocolate-Drizzled Trail Mix
*3 cups nuts (I have almonds, and Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds to use)
*1/2 cup sunflower seeds (don't have today)
*1/2 cup coconut flakes (don't have today)
*1 cup raisins (I will use golden raisins)
*1/2 cup craisins
*1 cup chow mein noodles (not in recipe...I will be adding)
Mix together and spread out on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
*1 cup chocolate chips
Microwave chocolate chips until melted and pour over the mixture in "ribbons".  Carefully mix to coat the nut/raisin mixture.  Let the chocolate cool and harden.  Break mixture into pieces and place in individual containers or bags.  Makes 12 servings.


For more recipes, check out:
*Tasty Tuesday
*Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
*Tuesdays at the Table

And, if you have found me from a link on someone else's site, you may subscribe to daily updates from 2 Make Ends Meet, if you are interested.  Thank you!  You can also find extra updates and content from me on Facebook and Twitter. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)