Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chocolate-Drizzled Trail Mix

I LOVE the sound of this, don't you???

I came upon this nummy recipe in Family Fun's October magazine, and I have been waiting to try it ever since.

Today is the day!

The recipe calls for coconut flakes and sunflower seeds, which I don't have today, so this is how I will be making it.

Chocolate-Drizzled Trail Mix
*3 cups nuts (I have almonds, and Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds to use)
*1/2 cup sunflower seeds (don't have today)
*1/2 cup coconut flakes (don't have today)
*1 cup raisins (I will use golden raisins)
*1/2 cup craisins
*1 cup chow mein noodles (not in recipe...I will be adding)
Mix together and spread out on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
*1 cup chocolate chips
Microwave chocolate chips until melted and pour over the mixture in "ribbons".  Carefully mix to coat the nut/raisin mixture.  Let the chocolate cool and harden.  Break mixture into pieces and place in individual containers or bags.  Makes 12 servings.


For more recipes, check out:
*Tasty Tuesday
*Tempt my Tummy Tuesday
*Tuesdays at the Table

And, if you have found me from a link on someone else's site, you may subscribe to daily updates from 2 Make Ends Meet, if you are interested.  Thank you!  You can also find extra updates and content from me on Facebook and Twitter. Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!