Friday, December 16, 2011

Frugal Friday...homemade gift giving!

I have to be honest...one of my favorite gifts to give are homemade gifts.  Maybe it's because I enjoy receiving homemade gifts as well.

I thought I would include some of my favorite recipes/ideas for things to give this Christmas.  This is only a small sampling of the endless ideas for homemade gift giving out there.  Just "google" (actually I prefer to search on Swagbucks) "homemade gift ideas", and I know you will come up with tons of links!


Here are a few:
**I received Spiced Tea Mix from a student years ago.  I loved it so much that I asked her mother for the recipe.  There are many variations of the recipe out there, but this is a yummy one.  My kids love it too!
**Here is another drink mix to make... Hot Cocoa Mix...it needs no explanation!  :)
**Homemade Granola...this is SO tasty!  I need to track down my favorite recipe for this one because I am definitely making it this year!
(I found it...Down to Earth Granola from Better Homes & Garden!  Yum!). Again, there are many different variations for granola.  I love giving this for a gift because you can eat it plain, with milk, on yogurt, ice cream, etc.
**Chex Muddy Buddies (sometimes called "Puppy Chow")...I absolutely love when I have received this for Christmas!!  (Hint, hint to any of my family that might be reading my post!)


**Raspberry Jam...it is handy when I have some of this in my freezer to take out and give for gifts, along with a loaf of homemade Oatmeal Bread.  Yum!  Unfortunately, we have eaten it all!  :)  Oh well, maybe next Christmas...


Do you give homemade gifts?  What are some of your favorites to give (or receive)?

This post is linked to Frugal Friday.


Would you like money saving tips and a little slice
of my reality from "2 Make Ends Meet"? 
You may receive them by:
*Subscribing to my e-mails
*"like" my page on Facebook (extra content)
*follow my tweets on Twitter (extra content)
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!