Thursday, December 3, 2015

"Healthier" No-Bake Fudge Cookies #tbt

Since it's Thursday, I thought I would post a #tbt (Throw Back Thursday) recipe.

This one is a favorite from my childhood!  The original version of this recipe came from the Bloomington Public Schools recipe book.  I have enjoyed making (and eating) the original recipe, but as I decided to make it today, I decided to make it healthier by adding ground flax seed meal to it.  Such an easy way to add some nutrition to these delicious treats (and I think my family may not even notice)!



Here is the recipe...so easy...so delicious!

Fudge Cookies (Unbaked)
*2 T. Butter
*1 cup sugar
*1/4 cup milk
*1/4 cup cocoa
*1/8 tsp. salt

*1/3 cup peanut butter
*1 1/2 to 2 cups quick oatmeal (I used 2 cups old fashioned oats)--made it a little drier, but still yummy!
*1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal (optional)
*1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine butter, sugar, milk, cocoa and salt.  Bring to a rapid boil on stovetop.  Stir in peanut butter and then add vanilla, oats and flaxseed meal.  Stir until well combined.  Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet, or waxed paper.  Place in a cool place to set.

The Original Recipe book page (my note to my mom, "make")!!! 

Do you "sneak in" healthy ingredients to some of your family's favorites?

Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!