Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

I chuckled last night as we sat down to dinner.  It was a night where the whole family could eat together, so we made sure to wait until my husband was home.  Yay!  I brought the casserole to the table.  My husband said, "This isn't Chow Mein Hotdish."  He went on to say, that he thought we were having the Chicken Broccoli casserole on Friday night.

He was right!

He had read my menu plan, (he subscribes to my e-mails)!!!!!!

I was the one who got mixed up!!!!  I had indeed, made Friday's meal on Monday!

Oops!!!!  :)

He quickly said, that it wasn't a problem...he likes both of the meals.  We just had to laugh a little.

Please tell me that you do things like that too!!!!! :)

So, here is the recipe that we did have last night instead of Friday.  :)  This casserole was originally brought to us from a friend from church, when one our oldest (I think) was born.  Why is it, that these delivered meals taste so incredibly good????  I think it has a lot to do with knowing how much people care about you!!!  :)

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

*10 oz. broccoli (cooked)
*2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
*1 can cream of chicken soup (I'm sure this would easily be substituted w/ a homemade cream sauce)
*1/4 c. milk
*6 slices cheese (I actually used 1c. of shredded cheddar)
*1 cup Bisquick (I used a homemade master baking mix from 30 Day Gourmet)
*1/4 c. butter, softened

Pre-heat oven to 375*.  Layer cooked broccoli on bottom of baking dish.  Layer cubed chicken on top of broccoli.  Mix soup with milk and spoon over the chicken.  Sprinkle cheese (or place slices) on top of soup.  Cut butter into Bisquick, until crumbly.  Sprinkle over the cheese.  Bake for 25 - 30 minutes at 375*, until topping is golden brown.

Comments from my boys:  "This tastes better than it smells."

That one made me laugh!!!!  :)

This post is linked to the following (where you can find more recipes):
*Tasty Tuesday
*Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
*$5 Dollar Dinner Challenge
*Mouthwatering Mondays

And if you want to stay up to date about 2 Make Ends Meet happenings, like my husband does, I would love for you to subscribe below!!!  :)


Enter your email address:



and I would love to have you "like" me on Facebook.  Stay connected to my blog, and more, by doing so!
Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments make me happy:

  1. Some of my most favorite recipes are the ones that sweet friends brought over after one of my children were born! I'm impressed your husband reads your blog! I don't think mine does - but then he says "I don't have to read it - I live it!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny about your husband! :) Actually, I signed my husband up to receive my e-mails, but I think he actually enjoys reading it. :)
    Thanks for stopping by...I will have to visit your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!