Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie experiment with our #StayAtHome orders!

I don't know about you, but with these #StayAtHome orders, I feel like I want to eat more! 

Boredom?

Emotional Eating? 

Could be...

Needless to say, I have been cooking and baking more, which actually can be a good thing!!  I have been cleaning out the freezer, and cupboards...using up what we have on hand!

And with this extra baking, I was in the mood to make this recipe for Great Harvest-like Chocolate Chip cookies!
The only problem was that I was limited to the ingredients that I have at home.  I was determined to give it a try and they were still yummy!

This is how I ended up making them:

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
1 cup bread flour (it's what I had, lol!)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed (I should have used 1 cup, but I was trying to cut down on sugar!)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup rolled oats
1 egg
1 tablespoon molasses
1/2 tablespoon milk
1/3 (12 ounce) pkg dark chocolate chunks
1/2 bar Hershey's chocolate (broken into small pieces)...being creative, lol!

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

3. Beat together brown sugar and butter until well combined. Add oats, eggs, molasses, and milk; beat well.

4. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture; beat until blended.

5. Stir in chocolate chips/chunks.

6. Using a spoon, scoop dough and drop about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 13 minutes, until just starting to brown around the outside.
8. Cool one minute on cookie sheets. Remove and cool on racks. 



They turned out, and are still chewy today...which I really like when a cookie doesn't get hard after a day or two.

Have you had to get creative in the kitchen with our #StayAtHome orders? 



Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments make me happy:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I always enjoy hearing from my readers! :)

Free Money at FusionCash!